This article describes the general mail client settings for the Email Box Service.
- Verify your email and password is working correctly by accessing webmail (refer to Access Webmail instructions) .
Please use the following settings to configure your mail client:
- Many mail clients and apps will show the outgoing username and password as optional, for our services these are required.
- Please be sure to fill them in or choose the option to "use the same as incoming."
- Many email clients and apps autoconfigure outgoing settings to use port 25, which will not work.
- If you are having problems sending emails, please review the outgoing port and security settings.
These are the recommended settings:
These are the common email ports:
All connection combinations below are supported by our services, but if one is not working you can simply try the other.
|IMAP||SSL||993||Preferred setting for incoming mail|
|STMP||SSL||465||Preferred setting for outgoing mail|