Purging cached resources for any SWA product will immediately remove stored content from all Cloudflare® data centers.
What are the benefits of caching?
Cloudflare global content delivery network (CDN) caches a lot of content around the world. Caching is beneficial because it reduces hosting bandwidth and improves website performance. When visitors request a cached resource from the Cloudflare CDN, it is served from the data center closest to them and therefore, the content loads faster.
When you purge the cache, any new requests for content will be directed to the origin server, the server where the content is hosted. For sites with many assets, requests to the origin server can increase substantially, slowing site performance. Therefore, purging the cache should be used thoughtfully and sparingly.
When should you purge the cache?
While response and fast load times are crucial for users, the freshness (or accuracy) of your content is no less important for your business reputation. Sometimes you will not be able to see the changes you make right away which can be frustrating. In that case, you will need to purge caches to see your changes immediately.
- You need to update pricing on a product page and waiting for the cache to refresh is going to lead to disgruntled customers
- You run out of inventory and need to temporarily remove the item from your online catalog
- You’ve uploaded new content to your website around an important product launch and discovered a bug in one of the pages
- You’ve patched a bug in an online game and want to be sure your visitors have the latest version
To purge cached assets for a domain zone, please follow the steps provided:
- Log in to my.101domain.com.
- Select "Domain Names" from the main menu.
- Click on the domain name presented in the list or search for the domain name in the portfolio using the search field provided.
- On the next page, click on the "Purge" button in the CLOUDFLARE management box.