DNS resource records for a domain zone with SWA, SWA Plus, and SWA Professional enabled, may be managed from the DNS Record Settings in your 101domain account. The DNS Records screen is where you can add, edit, and remove nameserver records for your domain name operating through the Cloudflare® global network. By default, 101domain will enable your DNS records so that web traffic for the subdomain “www” and the root domain will operate through the Cloudflare global network.
Enabling or disabling SWA is as simple as clicking on the cloud icon, turning it orange to enable (allow traffic through) or turning it gray to disable (bypass) the Cloudflare global network for your domain. Please be cautious when modifying or deleting records with the orange cloud icon enabled, as changes to these could disrupt your SWA services.
Resource records types that may be managed include the following:
- “A” (IPv4 address record)
- "AAAA" (IPv6 address record)
- “CNAME” (Canonical or alias name record)
- “MX” (Mail Exchanger record)
- "NS" (Name Server record)
- "SRV" (Service record)
- “TXT” (Text record)
To manage DNS resource records for a domain zone, please follow the steps provided:
- Log in to my.101domain.com.
- Select "Domain Names" from the main menu.
- Click on the domain name presented in the list or search for the domain name in the portfolio using the search field provided.
- In the "NAME SERVERS & RECORDS" section, click on the menu item "Manage DNS Records".
- On the next page, DNS resource records may be added, modified, or deleted as desired.
Since SWA is enabled for the domain zone, resource record changes are propagated almost immediately.