DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions) is an import first step to securing Domain resource records. DNSSEC adds security to a Domain Name System (DNS) which was not originally designed with security in mind. DNSSEC guarantees that visitors are directed to your web server when they type your domain into a web browser, thus avoiding man-in-the-middle attacks and other types of forged DNS data, such as that created by DNS cache poisoning. Many hosting providers charge for DNSSEC, which is included in all SWA, SWA Plus, and SWA Pro plans.
To “Configure DNSSEC”, please follow the steps provided:
- Log in to my.101domain.com.
- Select "Domain Names" from the main menu.
- Click on the domain name presented in the list or search for the domain name in the portfolio using the search field provided.
- In the CLOUDFLARE® management box, click on the "Request" button in the "Configure DNSSEC" menu.
- This will open a new page with a support ticket request for you to submit.
What to expect next
Enabling DNSSEC is a manual process. The turnaround time is approximately 48 hours from when our hosting engineers receive your support ticket request.