For domain zones with SWA, SWA Plus, and SWA Professional enabled, enabling Developer Mode temporarily suspends caching.
Developer Mode, is just that, a setting you can use when developing or making major changes to your website. Similar to purging the cache, whenever the Developer Mode is activated, it essentially alerts Cloudflare® that any requests to your domain should load content directly from the origin server, meaning, the server where your website is actually installed. Unlike Purge Cache, Developer Mode does not clear your cache – it just suspends it for 3 hours. After 3 hours, Developer Mode will automatically turn off. This feature is awesome because it means you will still be taken care of even if you forget to re-enable the magic of Cloudflare.
Developer Mode will usually kick in within a minute or two, depending on where you are working from at any given time, and automatically disable after 3 hours. Only web assets using the Cloudflare global network will be affected.
When should you use Developer Mode?
- If you are making changes to cacheable content and need to see these changes immediately
- If you are making major changes or working on the site for an extended period of time
To enable Developer Mode for a domain zone, please follow the steps provided:
- Log in to my.101domain.com.
- Select "Domain Names" from the main menu.
- Click on the domain name presented in the list or search for the domain name in the portfolio using the search field provided.
- In the CLOUDFLARE management box, click on the "Developer Mode" toggle switch to turn it on.