Let's get started - Choose a template
To view templates by category, just click on the Categories drop down on the top right-hand corner. Templates in that category will be displayed on the screen.
Choose the one you like best and, remember, you can always change it later.
Preview the selected template
- Choose a template and select the Preview button to preview it. The template will show in your website builder window.
- If you wish to view other choices, click in the upper left-hand corner of the window Back To All Templates. You will be returned to the template picker window.
- If you like the choice and wish to use it, click the Use This Template button in the upper right-hand corner of the window. This will become your Homepage.
Adding content and viewing your site
Three important buttons:
- Main menu Switch to another application like Blog or Store.
- Add content button Add new images, text or other content to your page.
- Publish button Make your website visible on the web.
To add content to your page:
- Click the Add content button.
- Drag any item from the content panel onto the page.
- Drop the content on the page.
- Switch between Edit and Preview mode as needed by clicking the empty spot on the Edit or Preview toggle slider bar.
- Select the type of device on which you wish to view your site.
- Publish your site to make it available for everyone.
- Click and drag the item you want to add.
- Drop zones are indicated in green as you drag the item around the page.
NOTE: You can create up to 4 columns on the page.
Move content around the page
- Use the drag handle to move the content.
- The drip-zone for the content is indicated by the green bar.
NOTE: You can only drag and drop content in the page body, not in the page header or footer.
Publishing your site
The first time you publish your site, you may be prompted to choose a temporary subdomain name.
When you publish your site, it becomes visible on the World Wide Web (WWW). If you change your site, you will need to click publish again to make those changes visible.
Blog posts are published automatically: you do not need to click the publish button to make a new post live.