To change the name servers on a domain name already registered with us:
- Log in to your 101domain account at my.101domain.com.
- Select the Domain Names tab.
- Select the domain that you want to change nameservers for.
- From within the DNS Servers section click on Edit DNS Server.
- Change the name servers as required, leaving any of the fields blank will retain the original DNS server.
Name servers (or DNS) are specified during purchase in the checkout process. The following options are available:
- Choose the default name servers if you wish to park your website with us.
- Choose the default name servers if you wish to host your website with us (you must purchase hosting from us for your domain name).
- Choose custom name servers if you would like to host your domain name with another hosting provider.
NOTE: A minimum of TWO domain name servers are required for all domain names registered with us.
IMPORTANT: Generally, New Domain name server changes are free. Certain Country Code Domain Registries charge additional fees for name server changes. If there are additional fees involved, our Support Team will contact you with further information. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more information.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your domain name servers (DNS) are responding or the Registry will reject your request. Many Country Code Domain Registries have very strict requirements for domain setup (zone files) on your DNS. Please contact our Support Team if you are unsure of your server's settings.