When a new Google Workspace subscription is purchased, our system will attempt to activate the subscription as a new order. During this process, Google may show that your domain is already associated with an existing Google Workspace account.
If you, or someone in your organization, already created a Google Workspace account with your domain:
- You will be prompted to enter a transfer token to transfer the existing Google service into our control.
- Try resetting the administrator password and then retrieving the transfer token.
- From this point forward, it is the domain owner's responsibility to work with Google directly to proceed with the transfer process.
- Once you have the transfer token, you can initiate the transfer and activation. For further assistance, please contact our support team.
If you have no knowledge of an existing Google account:
- Submit a request to Google to have the account deleted.
- A support representative from Google will contact you within 48 hours and may ask you to prove domain ownership by adding a DNS record.
- Once the old account is deleted by Google, please purchase your new Google Workspace account. If you already purchased Google Workspace, you can begin setting up your account. For further assistance, please contact our support team, and request that they restart the activation process for your Google Workspace service.
- More information can be found in Google's Help Center, under "This domain is already in use".