Linking your Squarespace site to a domain using 101domain's name servers is relatively easy and this guide will help you walk through the process.
This guide will use the records found within this guide from Squarespace:
- Ensure that you've added your domain name to your Squarespace account.
- Navigate to your 101domain account, click on Manage Name Servers, Choose your domain, choose, "I want to edit my name server records", and click continue
- Delete any existing A records that match the domain name and WWW by clicking the trash can button to the right
- Add your four (4) "A records"
- At the top line next to New Record, ensure the subdomain box is blank
- Ensure the type is set to A
- In the box on the right for 'Value', enter the first IP, 126.96.36.199
- Click Save to the right to add finish adding your first record
Repeat step 4 and add the remaining A records from the chart below:
Subdomain Type Value (blank) A 188.8.131.52 (blank) A 184.108.40.206 (blank) A 220.127.116.11 (blank) A 18.104.22.168
- Add your CNAME record for WWW
- At the top, change the record type to CNAME
- In the subdomain box to the left, enter www
- In the box to the right for value, enter ext-cust.squarespace.com
- Add your CNAME record for verification
- At the top, ensure the record type is set to CNAME
- Return to your Squarespace account to get your unique verification record
- Enter the unique code into the subdomain section
- In the box to the right for value, enter verify.squarespace.com
- After changing your records, return to your Squarespace DNS Settings, and click Refresh below the records.