Registrar Lock, also known as Domain Update Lock, prevents your domain name from being updated or transferred without you first unlocking your domain from within your account. By default, this feature is enabled for all your domains.
The domain locking service sets your domain name registered with us to Enabled status to prevent your domain name from being updated or transferred without you first unlocking your domain from within your account. Your domain can still be accessed in your account and renewed. Once your domain is registered and active in our system, you will see this setting available in your domain name settings screen (if domain locking is available for your domain name).
- Log in to your account.
- Select the Domain Names tab.
- Select the domain you want to lock/unlock.
- Within the Quick Overview section, click the Domain Update Lock tab.
- Choose Disabled from the drop-down menu.
- Provide an answer to your secret question and click the button.
If your domain is unlocked against updates, follow the above steps and choose Enabled at step 5.