The Authorization Code (Auth Code) is a unique code generated on a per-domain basis and is used for authorization or confirmation of a transfer request.
The Registrar must provide you with the Auth-Info code within 5 calendar days of your request. The Auth-Info code is applicable to transfers of all New Domain Names, with the exception of .gov, .edu, .mil, .museum, and .int names. Some Registrars offer facilities for you to generate and manage your own Auth-Info code. In other cases, you will need to contact the Registrar directly to obtain it.
- Login into your account.
- In your account, click on the Domain Names tab.
- Click on the domain name you want to transfer.
- In the domain management screen, go to the Domain Transfer section and click on Transfer to another registrar, the Domain Transfer Authorization Code screen will display.
- Enter the answer to the security question displayed and click the button.
- Your Auth-Code will be displayed.
You will need to provide this code to the Registrar you are transferring the domain name to.